Wednesday, March 14, 2012

THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN GROWING YOUR OWN VEGETABLES AND HERBS


There is nothing better than growing your own vegetables and herbs and its so 
much more rewarding to be able to pick and savor your own fruits of labor.   
If you have never grown your own vegetable garden; make this summer the time.  

Last year I tried growing miniature eggplants such as the adorable "LIL Darling 
miniature squash and itsy bitsy zucchini in containers.  I got the idea from an 
Autumn Harvest catalog.  I can say that all my vegetables that I grew in containers
seem to do well.  I mixed them with edible flowers to  fill in the empty spaces and 
make the containers look more attractive. 

I also grew artichoke, tomatos, habenero peppers and aji dulce and 
sugar baby watermelon to name a few.    The sugar baby watermelon 
grew smaller than average and yielded about 1 to 2 watermelons per plant. 
 I planted 5 sugar baby's in one 30" container.  The container looked 
amazing and the foliage draping from the sides was such a conversation piece 
among my family and friends. 

Let me tell you that home grown vegetables are so yummy and I cant wait to share 
with you all my garden recipes in future posts. In the meantime I have attached some
helpful links to get you started in planting your own garden.
This year I am going to plant as much as I can in containers since I have such limited
space in my backyard. 

What Zone Are You?

Planting Calendar for Zone 6



Hopefully, you will find the information I post here on my Blog from time to time
helpful and useful.  I also hope that you will share your tips and tricks with me as well. 
Feel free to leave your questions, tips, or suggestions in the comment section of
any post on the site.   There is always a good tip or method or link and lets not 
forget a good recipe that we can learn from and try.   
  
Thank you so much for visiting and have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
Aida
Design By Nature
Website:  http://WWW.DESIGNBYNATURENURSERY.COM




PS:   MY OFFICIAL COMPANY WEBSITE's GRAND OPENING IS ON MARCH 30th, 2012. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment